The figure below shows the circuit from Example 11.0-1 of
Introduction to Electric Circuits, 5e by R.C. Dorf and J.A. Svoboda.
The steady state response of this circuit is given by
The values of the source resistance Rs and the turns ratio n can be changed using the scrollbars.
- Set Rs=48 Ohms and L = 2 H to see the circuit in Example 11.10-1.
- Since RL is fixed, maximum power with be transferred to the load when the amplitude of vo(t) is maximum. Set n=1 and vary Rs so that maximum power is transferred to the load, RL.
- Set Rs=48 and vary n so that maximum power is transferred to the load, RL.Compare your answer to the answer of Example 11.10-1.
- Set Rs=16 and vary n so that maximum power is transferred to the load, RL.
- Use both scrollbars to select the values of Rs and n that cause maximum power to be transferred to the load, RL.