[survey | read | learn | other | about ]

« The Replacements | Main | The Street Finds Its Own Uses for Things »

Survey (still)

Thanks to everyone who has responded to the Workspace survey. The data so far is fascinating and wide ranging. I'll keep the survey online for the next several weeks in case anyone else wants to participate.

In early January, I'll revise and re-launch the survey to reflect any interesting issues that emerge from early analysis of the data. It struck me that the survey might be a useful start-of-semester exercise for writing/design classes, as a way to get your students to talk about the diversity of ways they structure their work, and about how writing/design might fit into those structures. (I'm planning on including this exercise in the first-year comp textbook I'm currently working on.

Although I'd be glad for more student input on the survey, If you don't want to require your students to participate in the research feel free to download the questions and just distribute/discuss them locally with your class rather than ask them to submit their results to me. I can also email you the questions in a Word or PDF document if you like.