Major research interests are the applications of nanotechnologies to the electrical engineering. Research effort aims at the electrical and biological devices fabricated by a combination of new micro/nanomanufacturing techniques, such as lithography, molecular self-assembly, nanomolding and transfer printing. One of the main projects is the heterogeneous architecture of transparent sensor and circuit. Another effort is placed at the integration of various nanostructured materials such as polyelectrolyte, nanocrystal, carbon nanotube and enzyme in order to improve the functionality of the devices.
Q. Zhang (Ph. D.)
C. Liu (Master)
J. Young (Undergraduate)
1. Q. Zhang, L. V. Saraf, F. Hua, “Transparent Thin Film Transistor with Self-Assembled Nanocrystals”, Nanotechnology, 195204 (2007).
2. F. Hua, et. al., “Processing Dependent Behavior of Soft Imprint Lithography on the 1-10 nm Scale”, IEEE Trans. on Nanotechnology, 5, 301 (2006)
3. R. Bachelot, L. Gomez, A. Bouhelier, G. P Wiederrecht, S. H. Chang, S. Gray, G. Lerondel, F. Hua, S. Jeon, J. Rogers, S. Blaize, I. Stefanon, and P. Royer, “Apertureless Scanning Near-field Optical Microscopy: a comparison between homodyne and heterodyne approaches”, Journal of the Optical Society of America B- Optical Physics, 23, 823, (2006).
4. V. Malyarchuk, F. Hua, N. Mack, V. Velasquez, J. White, R. Nuzzo, J. Rogers, “High performance plasmonic crystal sensor formed by soft nanoimprint lithography”, Optical Expresss, 13, 5669 (2005)
5. Y. Sun, D.-Y. Khang, F. Hua, K. Hurley, R.G. Nuzzo, J. A. Rogers, Advanced Functional Materials, 15, 30 (2005)
F. Hua, T.
7. T. Cui, F. Hua, and Y. Lvov, “MOS Field Effect Transistor Fabricated by Layer-by-Layer Nano Self-Assembled Thin Films”, IEEE Electronic Device Transaction. 51, 503(2004)
8. F. Hua, J. Shi, Y. Lvov, and T. Cui, “Fabrication and Characterization of MOS-Capacitor Based on Layer-by-Layer Self-Assembled Thin Films”, Nanotechnology, 14, 453(2003)
9. J. Shi, F. Hua, T. Cui and Y. Lvov, “Temperature Effect on Layer-by-Layer Self-assembly of Linear Polyions and Silica Multilayers”, Chem Lett. 32, 316(2003)
10. F. Hua, T. Cui, Y. Lvov, “Lithographic Approach to Pattern Self-Assembled Multilayers”, Langmuir, 18, 6712(2002).
11. F. Hua, J. Shi, Y. Lvov, and T. Cui, “Patterning of Layer-by-layer Self-assembled Multiple Types of Nanoparticle Thin Films by Lithographic Technique”, Nano Lett, 2, 1219(2002)
12. F. Hua, Y. Lvov, T. Cui, “Spatial Patterning of colloidal Nanoparticle-based Thin Film by A Combinative Technique of Layer-by-Layer Self-Assembly and Lithography”, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2, 357(2002)